What is this "life" thing? It moves so fast.
My mind has been very full lately, which reminded me that I ought to blog. I've been reading through old journals and was so thankful that I recorded the things I did. It inspired me to record again.
I won't try to sum up all the thoughts I've missed out on, there are too many, so I'll just pretend like I never lapsed in the first place.
My life is different this year. You're not surprised. I don't know what I was expecting. Luke and Lauren aren't here-- they leave a big, lonely gap in their absence. Lodgey life is quieter. It's good sometimes, but a big adjustment. Relationships are different. I miss the llamas, I miss the residents sleeping in my bed, I miss the freshmen tears, I miss all the girls that made my life last year. It was nice to have them over for dinner last night. They are growing up so fast. I feel like a mom, a proud mom.
A week and a day ago, God reminded me that He is the Gardener. Jesus is the Vine. I am a branch. The Holy Spirit is the sap that runs through us. I need to be pruned to be fruitful. I've got to trust in big things and let go of little things.
I voted for Dani Wolowec. I hit her with my bike, so it's the least I could do. Plus, she complimented my mismatched socks. Today she read Isaiah 55. God says, "my thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways my ways... as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." My life is subject to change. I've got to remember that my life would be a disaster if I had it my way-- He's got far better things in mind.
I've never been hit with the same verse some many times in so short of a time span. It's crazy.
ReplyDeleteso*
ReplyDeletegood, good thoughts
ReplyDeleteI about cried when I read the part about last year and all of us girls! i miss it :(
ReplyDelete