Monday, November 28, 2011

gristle

This has been the hardest ever semester for me. You would think, given the fact that I'm failing more than one class, that it has been pretty easy (I obviously haven't been doing anything.) But it hasn't been. My mind is at war with me.
I sit. I try to think. I fail.
I have always had focus problems, but never this badly. It has become the most frustrating thing in my life. The worst part is that I cannot fix it. I cannot control it.

ADD? Probably. But heck if I know what to do about it.

My family has an aversion to doctors. Mom and dad don't think doctors really know what they're talking about, and they probably just want your money. Growing up, any sickness was deemed "a cold," while jello and disney movies were prescribed. I never went to a doctor for my twice-broken clavicle, so it healed funny and stuck out at a weird angle 'til I was in my mid-teens. We don't have the money to spare, nor health insurance.

I'd so much rather suffer some physical malady than be a slave to my own brain.
Physical pain: I suck it up. Mental disorder: I whine.

1 comment:

  1. Having mental battles are the worst. I know what you mean. we should talk out our mental insanities with each other. I always love talking through my thoughts with you because we follow the similar paths in thought wilderness.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me something I don't know (only kidding, just say something!)