Thursday, June 24, 2010

I got inspired

to stop sitting on my butt and get things done. So, I started cleaning/organizing my room, bathroom, the kitchen, etc. Also, I baked things in the kitchen whilst blasting Michael Buble live concert music-- which is something I like to do when I get so motivated... strange-- this I know.
I read a chapter in "the Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer and it amazes me how every time I open the cover, I am almost immediately convicted. It is seriously the holiest book, other than the Bible, that I have ever read. It is full of so much truth and deep insights. If you haven't read it, I encourage you to take a gander. If not for anyone else, that book was written for me.

I am so so glad that we are going to have company this weekend! Luke, Lauren, Bekah, Brett, and the Beggs (Jared & Candice) are coming up for a couple days.
When I'm at home for too long, I get cabin fever due to the lack of social variety I experience here. I miss having a home base in Indiana. The hardest part is not having friends here that I can mix it up with. Then there's also the dangerousness of living near Flint, which restricts most excursions--resulting in even more cabin dwelling. But, ya know what? I am very blessed to have good relationships with my parents and to enjoy being in their company, and I am so blessed that they are willing to drive me to Indiana every now and then, therefore I really have no grounds for complaining. So I'll stop.

I'll conclude with this.
My own personal observations between the lands called Indiana and Michigan:

  • Indiana is more corn-ey
  • Whereas Michigan is more tree-ey + water-ey (but we don't see that 'round these parts of MI anyway, so never ye mind.)
  • IN = blue horseshoes, and MI = big blue "M"'s (people and their sports.. pfft.)
  • Indiana has Jon McLaughlin
  • Apparently coney dogs are a big deal in Michigan
  • Residents of both states have equally stupid titles: Hoosiers and Michiganders (...really? c'mon now.)

1 comment:

Please tell me something I don't know (only kidding, just say something!)