I have been in a funk for the past couple of days due, most likely, to a variety of factors.
I realized, though, that I have not been getting any solitude.
I work with people. I hang with people. I sleep. I repeat.
I can't say "No." I am an introvert and that just doesn't work for me.
Kayla and Aubrey told me to take time for myself today. I said okay, but I think it sounds selfish to turn people down for "me time" even if it really isn't. Curls and Pooky said that everyone would benefit from it if I am not being myself when I hang out with them. I thought that was a good point.
I woke up this morning with a billion text message invites and groaned. But I said "no" to most of them, but "yes" to Mike, and "later" to Alicia. I think that was a good compromise.
I've been journaling kind of, and talking with God a little. I will keep doing that and making time to do it. In a couple hours, Mike will come over to have coffee with Kayla and I and talk about life. That will be good.
I want to clean and organize. That will be so cathartic. I will even organize the files on my computer so I feel so very fresh.
Katelyn comes to Marion on Monday. That will be great! I get to see my parents on Monday too, which will bring me joy in my heart. I get a filling and clean teeth-- which isn't as exciting. It would be more exciting if Dr. W laughed or smiled every once in a while-- or if he didn't treat my mouth like a tree he was sawing down. I hope I can go visit home soon, that would be good.
So Dr. W is a dentist who doesn't smile?
ReplyDeleteOh the irony!
Good comprimising. Good you time. Good fresh feeling computer. Good Katetlyn. Weird dentist.
ReplyDelete