Wednesday, June 15, 2011

thumbs

I am busy these days. Fun is being had, however.
Work is satisfying. My epidermis is getting its tan on.
I love being Kayla's roommate. I love hanging with Pooky.

Changes are everywhere and with that comes rocks that are hard to swallow I guess.
The snakeys have officially moved to the South for longer than a winter, along with the cap'n-- that was hard in every way. Ask me why some other time. There is peace in it somewhere, though.

I am growing up.

Today I didn't make much of a difference. That's my struggle these days, it's usually the same old routine. I don't feel like I'm leaving anyone better than when I found them. I haven't been praying ceaselessly. I haven't been dependent, I haven't been leaning, I haven't been poor in my spirit area. I lost my appetite. But I want to want to, so I'll keep on keeping on.
I have been learning though, I have been growing. It's just a new season. I'm more content than I have been. I'm just not content with where I am spiritually-- which is good, because I never ought to be content. I should always strive for more.

I miss my family. I miss Beth. I miss the people who know me best.
You know that feeling when somebody just gets you on the inside? I need people to ask me intentional questions. I need the people who care about the little things.

3 comments:

  1. KEEP GOING!!!! Make the old new!! Write in your prayer journal in different colors! Send your friends secret notes! Be Jesus in the weirdest ways -- leave quarters places! Tape a Bible verse to a piece of gardening equipment! Ask someone to keep you accountable in things! Pillow talk with Kayla!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me something I don't know (only kidding, just say something!)