Monday, November 7, 2011

Jesus is braiding my life hair

For the past two months, I have been learning about the Holy Sprit. In the process of learning, I have watched obscure moments of my life and seemingly inexistential incidents be weaved into one intricate braid of purpose. Each time, I thought, "I never saw that coming."
I have witnessed God answer my off-a-whim prayers with unexpected intentionality. It is as if he moved me to pray it and then answered it. I am like a glove-- I can only move when there is a hand to animate me from the inside. God has somehow used my timid, almost accidental, obedience for his good. I am so desperately humbled. I can take no ounce of credit. All that I have done is remained in the Vine and watched it produce fruit. I am a branch who is given the privilege of holding the fruit, but it's no work of mine.

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." -Psalm 145:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me something I don't know (only kidding, just say something!)