All those assignments I had months to tinker with, I left for the last stint.
That unwieldy stint I clobbered with my bear fists.
For those two weeks of school, I lived like a vagrant in
my own home. I meandered into sleep on the couch; I scrounged meals; I did all
I could to make ends meet academically.
I only survived because of great women: Kyla brought me on
school dates and sustained me with great chats; Rachel mastered the art of
waking me up and rewarded me with Airheads; Bethany lent an artistic hand to my
capstone project and provided me with a reason to dance; Kayla sacrificed her
sweet and spicy Doritos like Abraham sacrificed his son Isaac, only in this
case, I took the offering, and I ate it. They made me coffee. They smiled at me
when I was grumpy. They were the mother hens that kept this little egg warm.
What gems.
What glittering jewels I live with. Harmon House is a treasure chest.
What glittering jewels I live with. Harmon House is a treasure chest.





:) I love you and I love this post and I love living with you
ReplyDeleteand you are the crowning jewel. love you Anney boo!
ReplyDelete"Kayla sacrificed her sweet and spicy Doritos like Abraham sacrificed his son Isaac"
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The visuals are perfect. You delight me.
This makes me so happy. I miss duh Harmon Haps. -Kyla
ReplyDelete