My summer has been a three-course meal: May, June, and July. Each has had its own distinct flavor. May tasted like transition and busyness. I moved into my new home and started two new classes on top of work. June tasted like a jumble of fun and burdens combined. July was my favorite flavor. Even though it was seasoned with letting go, it tasted like freedom and blessings and friendship and a paradigm shift. I wonder what August will taste like; so far I taste a lack of motivation, but I smell joy cooking in the oven. Jennifer will come to visit, I will be a matching-digit age, and Mr. & Mrs. Maples will throw a celebration.
Praise the Lord. I loosened my grip on my dandelions and, sure enough, God delivered them to Marion more ideally than I ever could have arranged. Luke got his dream job as Bowman's RD and the two (and a half) of them are safe and sound in their new home. Admiral Adama started his new life with Ella and a nice family-- we sent him off with tears of love, and I can only hope that his puppies arrive when I have a place to keep one. Ice cubes will never look the same. However, I keep shivering with excitement each time I re-realize that a baby will arrive in December. I am ready to learn how to change diapers and prepare bottles.
I don't know how to anticipate the upcoming school year; I go back and forth between looking forward to it and dreading it anxiously. Like every year, I must learn to find a balance. There will be many new transitions to adapt to this year. I told the Lord that he will have to support me, and He said He could do that for me, so no need to be afraid, right? But alas, I will miss the love sac, having a roof out of my bedroom window, sharing a bed with Pooky, and being class-free, but I do look forward to soaking up Dr. Brown's wisdom, being with Johnsies, loving my niece/nephew, pursuing a new adventure, and developing my relationships. I look forward to tasting new flavors.
will you write my wedding vows some day?
ReplyDeleteJoy cooking in the oven!
ReplyDelete=) I feel priveleged that I am a big deal to you. I loved seeing you. It tasted like sweetness. =)a dark chocolate kind of sweetness that is rich and beautiful, and the hint of bitter and sadness you feel that it's over. Ok... I'm done trying to be poetic. Love you. =)
ReplyDeleteIt will be good!! I can't wait to see you.
ReplyDelete